Re: Re: What does it mean to become noble concerning passions?

Message 03498 of 3835

Dear Patrik,

>> +++ So this introspective knowledge comes from the inner voice of
my conscience (x), nether from external valuations(z) nor my own
habitual thinking-feeling-acting(y) ? <<

Yes.

>> +++ thinking-feeling-acting (y) level pursed *simultaneously*. <<

The *transformation* of each must be pursued simultaneously.

>> +++ It's the mental root (within y) that has to be transformed
"first" in order to get a solid astral transformation and Equilibrium as
I (x) wish ? <<

The root of all our emotional responses and actions is our thinking.
Changing one's thinking results in changes in one's emotional responses
and actions. Yet in the Step Two and Three work of character
transformation all three are addressed simultaneously. In other words,
the mental root *and* the emotional responses and actions which result
from that root are simultaneously transformed, each in its own way.

>> +++ The normal *habits of thinking itself* (y) - (and the astral
"elementals" are felt reflections and part of [about what I think](y)) -
may be composed of and therefore involve what *others* have thought (my
parents, society etc.) *already* and which I, as habitual personality
(y), may have accepted as my own thoughts-feel-act habits (y). Do you
agree? <<

Yes, most definitely. This occurs without thought and without our
deciding it so the only way to ever know what portion of (z) you have
adopted as your own is to look deeply within.

>> *My inner voice of my own conscience* (x) is a more real *me* or *I*
which is somehow different or higher than those *habits of thinking"
(y), right? <<

Well, how real is real? ;-) It serves no positive end to think of any
part of your self as less or more real than any other part. It is all
*your* self which, by nature is a multi-layered entity. The thing is,
prior to actually looking within and paying attention to the layer of
self known as "conscience" (in English this is different than
"consciousness"), your (y) layer of self is *not a conscious choice that
you make*. Prior to that point, it only poorly reflects the "higher",
more essential layers of your self *because you didn't know those layers
existed, you didn't know it could reflect them had you known them and no
one taught you how to know them in the first place*. With character
transformation, you are working to make (y) a *conscious* choice which
*intentionally* reflects your more essential self, instead of something
you just blindly follow.

>> +++ So I have to put aside, not just say (z)conscience thinking about
what other say but also going one level higher than my own habits of
thinking(y), in order to listen to me real inner voice(x) (in order to
examine my *own* present and past habitual thinking-felling-acting (y)
from a meta level (x)) which is - the innervoice - free of what others
have said or thought ? o.k.? <<

Yes, that's it exactly. :) Finding that degree of radical self-honesty
and developing it is also the most difficult part of the Soul Mirror
work for most folks. It can be a frightening experience to discover
that you are not *really* who or what you had thought you were or wanted
to pretend you were! It eliminates any pretense we have of ourselves
and that can be disorienting at first. Which is one reason why the
analysis of the negative character traits *must* be followed by an
analysis of the positive character traits.

>> +++ So this inner voice (x) is an expression of that greater Self
(X), free of habitual thinking (y) ? <<

Yes. The voice of conscience is your Greater Self (the eternal mental
body -- see http://www.ABardonCompanion.com/Structure.html) informing
your Individual Self (temporal mental body). It is a source of
continuous input. To quote Paul Case's "Pattern on the Trestleboard":
#3-Filled with Understanding of its perfect law, I am guided, moment by
moment, along the path of liberation. Some anthropomorphize or
personalize this guidance and call it their "Holy Guardian Angel" or
genius.

>> +++ - You have said in order to achieve astral Equilibrium, the
mental root has to be transformed simultaneously. So why do you say, the
mental Equilibrium comes *after* the astral Equlibrium, which goes, as
you have said, together (mental-astral-act) ? <<

*Excellent* question! :)

With the work toward the astral Equilibrium you are transforming the
*temporal* mental root of the *astral personality* so that it clearly
reflects or expresses the *temporal* Individual Self (i.e, obeys the
dictates of 'x' and applies them *temporally*). But with the mental
Equilibrium, you must transform the *Individual Self* so that it is
capable of manifesting the *eternal* Greater Self within the temporal
realm. [This is in preparation for filling the astral body with the
four Divine Principles or Attributes which effectively manifests the
eternal within the temporal through the initiate.]

>> - And to what exercise in IIH do you refer, concerning that
reflection upon the Greater Self (X)? (after astral Eq.) <<

Primarily with Step Seven, Mental, "Analysis of the spirit with respect
to the practice". However, direct work on the process begins with the
Step Four transplantation of consciousness exercises.

>> "The working techniques are essentially the same except that they are
applied *by* a higher aspect of Self, and *upon* a higher aspect of
Self, in the mental transformation than in the astral transformation..
+++ - In order to honestly recognise my habitual thinking(y) without
interjection of what others have said(z), this inner voice(x) is used,
right? Does this not involve an *awareness* upon this aspect of Greater
Self (X) - the inner voice (x) itself - *already*, in order to observe
and distinguish my present (y1) = [habitual (a)thinking (b)feeling
(c)acting] - as positive(+) and negative(-) sides and to transform
them(y(-)) into the way *I*(x) wish to be/feel/act (y2), *form* this
meta level of inner voice (X(x))? <<

Another *excellent* question!! :) :)

The inner voice of the conscience which informs you at this stage is
*filtered through* your Individual Self (i.e., your temporal mental
body). In Step Five however, you are taught about the "depth point" and
are encouraged to use the "passive communication" technique to *converse
directly with your guardian genius*. In other words, the work of Step
Five, specifically, is designed to elevate your awareness *to* that of
your Individual Self; at which point you are *face to face* with your
guardian genius and instead of knowing it only as it's *filtered
through* the Individual Self, you will come to know it *as* your
Individual Self and *converse* with it *directly*.

This is when you *truly* begin to understand and perceive the still
higher influence of your Greater Self. And it is this *direct*
perception of the Greater Self which must be integrated by the
Individual Self during the mental transformation leading to the mental
Equilibrium.

>> PS I guess it got a little complex now .. *smile* ..sorry .. but the
reason for that is to be as precise as possible. <<

;-) It seemed to work well, especially after I wrote what x, y & z each
meant down on a piece of paper for easy reference! ;-) ;-) ;-)