RE: Re: What does it mean to become noble concerning passions?

Message 03501 of 3835

Greetings, all. I am new to the group and have been, for the most part,
a "lurker". In general, I make few comments unless I feel I might have
something to say that is of value. Clearly, Ravi has given the concept
an enormous amount of thought. I would like to suggest that self
evaluation and soul progression is a life long task, and the more we
take time to analyze our faults and weaknesses, the more we grow. The
more spiritual we grow, the more we understand that qualities which we
may have previously considered to be of value, are really traits which
should be purged. So, if a particular Caesar (we'll make him a ruthless
one) or Genghis Kahn were to spend days examining their souls, I think
that as they progressed spiritually, their perspectives would change as
it came into line with the Spirit.