Re: Negative entities/presence

Message 03512 of 3835

William Bloom mentions what he calls "heavies" in his book (in the
form of a ceremonail diary) "The Sacred Magician". He seems to have
experienced these negative presences during prayer and meditation
and also during sleep. Bloom performed the ritual described in "The
Sacred Magic of Abra-Melin the Mage".

Here are a few extracts from the book - do these descriptions ring a
bell?

"I felt a strong malevolent presence trying to interfere, tempting
me with lazy peace and power if I should become his friend. He
departed after five seconds. I do not know whether this is a good or
bad start. I am torn apart and everything is in a sort of senseless
limbo - but my head behind all this keeps on smiling. (NOTE BY
AUTHOR: Throughout the six months I often experienced what I
interpreted as malevolent energies. I did not see or hear them, but
felt them.)"

"Shortly after I went to sleep last night, I was attacked(?) by an
astral entity that seemed to try to enter my body - a feeling of
suffocation and smothering. I was not frightened for one second and
dismissed it by affirming my faith in our Lord Christ. However, had
I been cooler I would have found out what it was. I wonder whether
it is in any way linked with our guest [...] Or was it purely a test
on me or something I alone attracted? Somehow I do not feel that it
was dangerous - more lost and sad - perhaps I should have been
gentler with it."

He also describes a psychic war with Hilter during one night!

Now, I don't know what all this means or what these entities
described might be. Are they part of one's own psyche? Are they
separate entities? Is it all simply a matter of perception?

Martin

--- In BardonPraxis@yahoogroups.com, "setiamon" <setiamon@y...>
wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone has ever experienced a sensation of a
> oppressive/threatening presence while in meditation,or relaxed,i
> experienced something very unusual recently a feeling of something
> coming up close to me and covering me pushing on me,i even for a
> second felt a slip into unconcioussness but came right out,i just
> focused my "will" on pushing it out of my awareness and after a few
> minutes it did.this isn't the first time i'v experienced the sense
of
> a negative presence a few times i'v even opend my eyes to see dark
> figures where i felt the presence from.oddly anuff bardon doesn't
say
> anything about this in the initial aspects,is that because there
is no
> real danger?i have read and done shielding visualizations i found
on
> various site but that really doesn't seem to do anything.this isn't
> continous just ocassionaly.is this something to worry about or
should
> i just ignore negative entities?

Main Index | Thread Index