Re: Negative entities/presence

Message 03515 of 3835

This certainly seems to be simular,it is a heavy sufficating feeling,a
very physical covering of my body/mind and in a few cases anuff to
throw me under a trance(no direct control of body or senses)but i
usually just willpower threw it.a few times if i'v circulated anuff
energy I can see these things,usually it looks like a shadow
figure,once i felt just a light presence next to me and i opened my
eyes and saw a man,bald skinny guy just looking at me.I have no idea
if it was a deceased man just floating by or someone aping checking
out the lights.I went over a few of my books,some of my yoga books
talk about encountering these things in meditation and call them the
servents of shiva who come to test ones strength discribing them as
being odd and frightening like long teeth,skinless,three heads and so
forth but says they cannot harm the "Ethical and unalloyed yogi" i'm
not sure what that means.Other books of course discribe them as
leeches who are attracted by high energy signatures and suck the
energy out of ones etherical(astral in bardons cosmology)body like
mosquittos.the odd thing is bardon really doesn't cover this in IIH he
talks about spirits trying to steal part of ones soul which i assume
he means leeches but he doesn't give any kinda recipe on how to deal
with these things so i assume just ignoring them is okay?BTW if anyone
has a story about these things i'd love to hear it

--- In BardonPraxis@yahoogroups.com, "Martin" <martin@u...> wrote:

> William Bloom mentions what he calls "heavies" in his book (in the
> form of a ceremonail diary) "The Sacred Magician". He seems to have
> experienced these negative presences during prayer and meditation
> and also during sleep. Bloom performed the ritual described in "The
> Sacred Magic of Abra-Melin the Mage".
>
> Here are a few extracts from the book - do these descriptions ring a
> bell?
>
> "I felt a strong malevolent presence trying to interfere, tempting
> me with lazy peace and power if I should become his friend. He
> departed after five seconds. I do not know whether this is a good or
> bad start. I am torn apart and everything is in a sort of senseless
> limbo - but my head behind all this keeps on smiling. (NOTE BY
> AUTHOR: Throughout the six months I often experienced what I
> interpreted as malevolent energies. I did not see or hear them, but
> felt them.)"
>
> "Shortly after I went to sleep last night, I was attacked(?) by an
> astral entity that seemed to try to enter my body - a feeling of
> suffocation and smothering. I was not frightened for one second and
> dismissed it by affirming my faith in our Lord Christ. However, had
> I been cooler I would have found out what it was. I wonder whether
> it is in any way linked with our guest [...] Or was it purely a test
> on me or something I alone attracted? Somehow I do not feel that it
> was dangerous - more lost and sad - perhaps I should have been
> gentler with it."
>
> He also describes a psychic war with Hilter during one night!
>
> Now, I don't know what all this means or what these entities
> described might be. Are they part of one's own psyche? Are they
> separate entities? Is it all simply a matter of perception?
>
> Martin
>

> --- In BardonPraxis@yahoogroups.com, "setiamon" <setiamon@y...>
> wrote:
> >
> > I was wondering if anyone has ever experienced a sensation of a
> > oppressive/threatening presence while in meditation,or relaxed,i
> > experienced something very unusual recently a feeling of something
> > coming up close to me and covering me pushing on me,i even for a
> > second felt a slip into unconcioussness but came right out,i just
> > focused my "will" on pushing it out of my awareness and after a few
> > minutes it did.this isn't the first time i'v experienced the sense
> of
> > a negative presence a few times i'v even opend my eyes to see dark
> > figures where i felt the presence from.oddly anuff bardon doesn't
> say
> > anything about this in the initial aspects,is that because there
> is no
> > real danger?i have read and done shielding visualizations i found
> on
> > various site but that really doesn't seem to do anything.this isn't
> > continous just ocassionaly.is this something to worry about or
> should
> [...]

Main Index | Thread Index