Re: Re: desire in hermeticism

Message 03585 of 3835

 LVX
Well Alchemic Hermeticism (Rosey Cross School at least), espouses something
akin to the Buddhasitva Oath, that is often called Making the World Gold, or
The Great Elevation which will end suffering, but as you say, through a
radically different means.
Evola wrote a book about Buddhism that is very good, and Crowley's teacher Alan
Benet founded the British Buddhist Society, so this hybrid of both Buddhism &
Hermeticism at least dates to the Edwardian Age. Bardon seems very familiar
with much of Tibetian Theory, likely Evens-Wentz as well.
LVX
Frater Serpentis Satori

hermetics10 <hermetics10@...> wrote:

Serpentis Satori,

Thank you for your reply. I understood what you said. From my
understanding Hermeticism doesn't espouse Buddhism's goal of non-
existence and non-involvement which I ultimately see as also serving
the purpose of the cessationg of suffering though through a
different outlook or goal.

Thank you again for your reply.

beginner

--- In BardonPraxis@yahoogroups.com, Serpentis Satori
<serpentsatori@y...> wrote:
> LVX
> Hermeticism is focused on purifying ourselves, so we may rejoin
our divinity while training our Will in many sub-sytems. Buddhism is
focused upon releasing us from the chains & imprisonment of
Ignorance so we will cease incarnation. These goals only
supperficially contradict each other.
> Hermeticism often sees The Will, as the only other Absolute
after The Creator/The Divine, and so it is spoken of in similar
reverance. This is the Arete of Homer, The True Will of Crowley (of
similar thought by Bardon check the list archives!), and the Purpose
of Matrix:Reloaded. The entire Path of Hermeticism serves this end,
every Grade Initiation or Exercise strengthen that, from Banishing
Circle to Bornless One & Beyond.
> Buddhism is as Evens-Wynz put it " the ethical system for the
science of yoga", and is not so much about Refusing Desire, as it is
about Release from Attachments, though Lust/Hunger is an Attachment.
This is the Path to Enlightenment, the gradual freedom from
attachment until one is Enlightened and no longer imprisoned by
Ignorance.
> These goals, though stated as different, can be complimentary
and eventually I believe their will come greater synthesis between
the Great Systems of the East and West. But to do that Hermeticism
must be founded on truth, with Will and Evolution as its pillars.
The complementary Buddhism is often Zen or Dzogchan, both focusing
upon the Inherent Purity of all, but giving techniques to remember
our perfection, much like Hermeticism.
> Feel free to post me privately if you need further
clarification in this,
> Frater Serpentis Satori
>
> hermetics10 <hermetics10@y...> wrote:
>
> Buddhism views desire as a bad thing? What is Hermeticism's view
on
> desire? Does desire impede becoming pure which is a main goal of
> Hermeticism?
>
> beginner

Service.

> Visit my New Improved Site at http://www.serpentissatori.com