Re: Re: desire in hermeticism

Message 03589 of 3835

LVX
Just in that you lack an ego to participate in "human drama" and "self-created
suffering". You just handle it in a more detached way, but in fact you come in
contact with great suffering and sorrow at that level, because it reminds you
of the import of Compassion/The Great Work.
So you spend more time being selfless, and helping others who seek Liberation.
LVX
Frater Serpentis Satori

hermetics10 <hermetics10@...> wrote:

Frater Serpentis Satori,

I was just thinking that when you reached the level of perfection
then you would have control over how much suffering you would
encounter.

Ardeshir

--- In BardonPraxis@yahoogroups.com, Serpentis Satori
<serpentsatori@y...> wrote:
> LVX
> Well Alchemic Hermeticism (Rosey Cross School at least),
espouses something akin to the Buddhasitva Oath, that is often
called Making the World Gold, or The Great Elevation which will end
suffering, but as you say, through a radically different means.
> Evola wrote a book about Buddhism that is very good, and
Crowley's teacher Alan Benet founded the British Buddhist Society,
so this hybrid of both Buddhism & Hermeticism at least dates to the
Edwardian Age. Bardon seems very familiar with much of Tibetian
Theory, likely Evens-Wentz as well.
> LVX
> Frater Serpentis Satori
>
> hermetics10 <hermetics10@y...> wrote:
>
> Serpentis Satori,
>
> Thank you for your reply. I understood what you said. From my
> understanding Hermeticism doesn't espouse Buddhism's goal of non-
> existence and non-involvement which I ultimately see as also
serving
> the purpose of the cessationg of suffering though through a
> different outlook or goal.
>
> Thank you again for your reply.
>
> beginner
>
> --- In BardonPraxis@yahoogroups.com, Serpentis Satori
> <serpentsatori@y...> wrote:
> > LVX
> > Hermeticism is focused on purifying ourselves, so we may
rejoin
> our divinity while training our Will in many sub-sytems. Buddhism
is
> focused upon releasing us from the chains & imprisonment of
> Ignorance so we will cease incarnation. These goals only
> supperficially contradict each other.
> > Hermeticism often sees The Will, as the only other Absolute
> after The Creator/The Divine, and so it is spoken of in similar
> reverance. This is the Arete of Homer, The True Will of Crowley
(of
> similar thought by Bardon check the list archives!), and the
Purpose
> of Matrix:Reloaded. The entire Path of Hermeticism serves this
end,
> every Grade Initiation or Exercise strengthen that, from Banishing
> Circle to Bornless One & Beyond.
> > Buddhism is as Evens-Wynz put it " the ethical system for the
> science of yoga", and is not so much about Refusing Desire, as it
is
> about Release from Attachments, though Lust/Hunger is an
Attachment.
> This is the Path to Enlightenment, the gradual freedom from
> attachment until one is Enlightened and no longer imprisoned by
> Ignorance.
> > These goals, though stated as different, can be
complimentary