Memories of Fanz Bardon

Message 03636 of 3835

Dear group,

Has anyone from this group gotten this book? I just received it this
week and I must say that the book although small is a nice
testimonal to the adept.

I would not mind starting a discussion on the book itself. I found
one thing of particular interest. Franz Bardon lived a very modest
and quiet life, not to mentain a gentleman. What a contrast to
Crowley and Mathers and their like :)

When you read and study his Practice of evocation towards the end of
the book their is a picture of a magician conducting an evocation in
a lavish and beautiful temple. Before I read this book I always
thought Bardon had at least a huge house in which to have a room
dedicated to himself and evocations. In reality Bardon had a small
house, sounds like me and it sounds like he had to practice his
magick in a small limited space in the house, sounds familar to any
of you :)

Here is a man that I can truly say lived an adept's life without the
self-aggrandiment that many like to live. I also did not know that
he conducted many of his evocations in the cemetary. What a place of
choice :), but according to those that wrote the book he found it to
be a place of most peace and with little or no interruption.

Overall I enjoyed the book. My only compliant is that the book is
too small(100 pages). I would have liked to have had at least a book
of 250-300 pages on Bardon, this book left me wanting to know more
about the man.

Main Index | Thread Index