Re: Re: Incorporating Self-defense in Hermetic Practices

Message 03682 of 3835

I've had a similar question brewing. After reading Frabato, and in particular

"While they were being flogged, Quintscher lost his self-control. He uttered a
Kabbalistic formula, whereupon the torturers were immediately paralyzed
completely."

I've been wondering whether it is acceptable to use magic for self-defence (not
that I'm anywhere near being able to do that :) ). Why does this show a loss of
self-control? Isn't protection from physical harm allowed?

Cheers,

Jon

--- In BardonPraxis@yahoogroups.com, Zelator wrote:

> HI!
>
> I was wondering if any of the practicioners in the group have
found a way to integrate some form of self-defense training into
their Hermetic practices. Whether physical or with the use of magic.

> The reason I'm asking is because I live in a 3rd world country
where crime is very much rampant. And yet I find myself inexplicably
drawn to Bardons system, even though I do not seem to have made any
concrete progress for the past 3 years.

> Given that the practice of Hermetics, work, and family life takes
up a large part of my day. I'd still feel more complete if I found a
way to incorporate some form of self-defense in my training. For my
and my loved ones sake, if ever the time came if they were
threatened by another human being.

> Also, what would be (if there was any) appropriate view and action
of a Hermetic in practice with regards to incidents where his or his
loved ones life/welfare is threatened by common criminals. Forgive
me if this topic was taken up already before, I must have missed it.

> Any or no comments will be appreciated.
>
> Prometheus

Yahoo! Groups Links