Re: The Light Principle / Zodiacal energies...

Message 03739 of 3835

Dear Richard,

>> While you're still accessible, I thought I might venture a few last
questions, if permitted. <<

It seems that you and most everyone else is trying to get in several
"last questions", keeping me far busier than I had expected. I didn't
realize that announcing my retirement would be so tiring! ;-)

>> 1. The Light Principle Step VII discusses the use of the Universal
Light a.k.a. the Light Principle (presumably an aspect of the Fire
Element), when directly encouraging the development of clairvoyance.
When working with the clairaudience, and clairsentience exercises, the
Elements of Air & Water are used in their pure form, yet not so with
clairvoyance. Rather, what appears to be an aspect of Fire, i.e. Light,
is used instead. <<

This not an accurate assessment of these exercises. With clairvoyance,
both the Fire Element and the *Universal* Light are employed; with
clairaudience, both the Air Element and the *Universal* Akasha are
employed; and with clairsentience, both the Water Element and the
*Universal* Magnetic Fluid are employed.

>> Could you possibly elaborate further on the nature of the Light
principle? <<

Here he was referring to the Kethric Brilliance (aka the White
Brilliance) which has the specific property of immanence. In other
words, the Kethric Brilliance penetrates all things and exists
throughout all time and space and at *every* level of existence.

>> and what's described as `the Lights' in various places by Bardon. <<

These are the colored Lights which are refractions of the Kethric
Brilliance.

>> 2. Dynamically accumulating energies.
Within the IIH format, the student learns to accumulate/condense the
pure elements - Fire, Air, Water & Earth, internally and externally, and
later on, the Fluids. A similar advanced practice is revealed and
actively pursued with the cosmic letters in KTQ. Between the basic IIH
practice and the extremely advanced KTQ practice, apparently there are
many other universal energies that could be accumulated, yet don't
appear to be explicitly mentioned (or am I looking at this completely
wrong?) <<

The Elements and Fluids are not *just* "energies". They are principles
that manifest as specific forms. Each form is a complex of color,
sensation and idea or meaning. When we work with the Elements and
Fluids we are condensing more than just "energy" -- we are condensing
color, sensation and idea/meaning.

>> For example, in PME, I'm assuming one learns to accumulate/condense
the Sephirothic energies in a similar manner to the Elemental/Fluid work
in IIH in order to provide a suitable environment for the Higher Beings
to reside during evocation? <<

As with the Elements and Fluids, the Sephirotic "energies" are in fact
principles which we condense by means of color, sensation and
idea/meaning. But *before* an evocation proper and the necessary
creating of a suitable atmosphere within the magic circle, the magician
must first mentally wander into the entity's own realm by means of
condensing the appropriate color and idea/meaning within their own
mental body.

>> Either prior or upon reaching PME, is it a worthwhile practice or an
unnecessary diversion to look towards the accumulation/condensation of
the Zodiacal energies? <<

It is worthwhile to *explore* the zodiacal *principles*. In fact, much
of the work of evocation is an exploration of the effect of the zodiacal
principles upon the manifestation of the sephirotic or zonal principles
(i.e., the planetary zones). This is why the spheric entities are
assigned to different degrees of the zodiac.

>> Given that astrology has a lot to say regarding the
make-up/tendencies of our characters, and Elemental equilibrium, armed
with an insightful birth-chart, would condensing these energies
internally offer an additional practice serving to counteract any
disharmonies, etc.? Plus various other potential benefits/applications.
<<

I don't think working with the zodiacal principles and influences in
this way would be all that productive since it is not very grounded in
one's everyday reality and thus not very practical. When working with
the *astral* equilibrium one must always be practical. However, it
would be beneficial to *explore* the personal significance of these
principles, especially as they relate to your astral character, and
thereby deepen your understanding of them at a practical level.