Re: Intro

Message 00034 of 3835

> >> I am curious as to what are peoples motivations for pursuing the
> Hermetic path? I know my reason but am wondering what other peoples
> reasons are. <<

I was always interested in 'psychic' phenomena; telepathy, remote
viewing, healing, clairvoyance and so on. From a fairly young age I
read any book I could get my hand on that claimed to be able to
teach me how to become psychic, but found only one or two things of
use in each book.

It is only very recently, after listening to an interview on a radio
show with an author that I first heard the phrase 'hermetic magic'.
It was in the early hours of the morning and I was curled up in bed
half asleep, but something rang out loud in my head and I managed to
drag myself out of bed to make a note of the phrase. I looked it uo
the next day on the net and after a bit of searching came across a
few mentions of IIH. I knew I needed to get that book, but it took a
while to find a British site which could send it to me sooner
than '4 to 6 weeks'. I finally did and now feel like I have a system
which is just right for me and which I can stick to. The fact that
there are excellent groups like this online is an added bonus.

I feel that Hermetics has come into my life just at the right
time... any sooner and I would have lacked the patience to follow
the course in the way it is supposed to be followed. It sounds
silly, but I actually always knew that I was in for a change in my
life this year... on May 22nd 2002 I turned 22 and ever since then
the number 22 has shown up SO many times in my everyday life. I'm
told that many consider the number 22 to be a spiritual number, all
I know is that my eyes are always somehow drawn to my computer clock
just as it switches to 22:22...

Anyway, sorry if some of that was 'off-topic', but I haven't really
written about how I got into Bardon's system yet in any group :-)

Thanks, Rawn for your patience and excellent explanations; no doubt
I'll have another question for you very soon!

Take care everyone,

Martin

Main Index | Thread Index