Colors

Message 00056 of 3835

Dear everybody!

Do all of you realize how "lucky" you are? From the few intros I read, it
seems to me, that I am one of the oldest, if not *the* oldest subscriber.
Most of you seem to be between 20 and 40 years old, and you are already on
The Path! I sure wished I would have been ready at that age also. But then
again, the age in *this* lifetime is really rather irrelevant.

Now here is my first problem, for which I'd hope to get some answers from the
group.
I understand, that colors and their use and the understanding there of are an
important part of understanding Hermetism and the Kabbalah.
I'm a very visual person and it's easy for me to picture any color anywhere.
However, I can't get it straight where on a human body which color is
supposed to be.

On that first Tarot card, the head of the woman is red, the head of the man
is blue, their genitals are the opposite. Now for that picture, red stands
for electric, blue for magnetic. Above the magician, out of the lotus are
coming forth the four elements, shown in the colors yellow for earth,
greenish for water, red for fire and blue for air.

Then on page 33 of the IIH Barton divides the body into 3 fundamental
concepts: head to fire, abdomen to water, chest to air. Makes a lot of
sense, of course, except that now every human's head would be colored red and
the abdomen green.

Now on page 38 the occult anatomy of the body is described: Front and left
side of head = electric, therefor red, back and right side = magnetic,
therefor blue. The ears fit on "correctly", but now the heads are all two
colored.
The same with other parts of the body, like the abdomen. Parts are
electric=red, parts are magnetic=blue.
The fiery element produces the electrical fluid in the body (red), the watery
element the magnetic fluid - now is it blue or green?
Somehow I think I'm missing something, probably something very obvious. But
I feel stuck right now, not understanding my very own microcosm at all. Can
somebody help unravel the color knots in my head and set me straight?
Hey now! don't laugh about me!!! :-{}

I'm wishing all of you a great start into the New Year and hope to get some
good explanations for my self invented mystery!

Alexandra

In a message dated 12/28/02 12:42:04 PM, rawnclark@... writes:

<< Dear Alexandra,

Welcome to BardonPraxis! :)

>>I'm just in the beginning, but am finding myself already somewhat
confused. I hope that this group will help me along in my
understanding. <<

In the "Files" section of the BardonPraxis webpage (
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BardonPraxis/files/ ) I have posted a .PDF
version of my own practical commentary upon IIH which may be helpful to
you.