Re: A couple of questions

Message 00067 of 3835

Dear Joe,

>> 1) In classifying charactoristics under each element I concentrated
on how the `situational` charactoristic felt ... and specifically
"where" I felt it. Previous work with the elements highlighted the fact
that they each produce sensations in the physical body differently.
Anger/hatred for instance seems to be felt most strongly in my head. Do
you think that using kinesthetic sensation in this way is a reasonable
method for use in this exercise? (I note that bardon makes mention of
the elements in a similar way ... is this how this info is meant to be
used?) <<

Yes, this is a very valid approach! I highly recommend my "Self-Healing
Archaeous" Lessons in this regard, especially Lesson Two, concerning the
complete awareness and integration of the astral body. The physical
sensations are only part of the story and I think you would benefit from
tracing them to the astral sensations.

The third Lesson of the Archaeous concerns the mental body and presents
a method whereby you can begin with the physical *sensation*, trace it
to its astral *significance* and then to its mental *essential meaning*.
This is then brought back down the scale of density and one returns to
the physical sensation with a renewed, more comprehensive understanding.

>> 2) In the step1 breathing exercises 4 qualities are listed. Firstly,
it seems that each corresponds to a different element. Is this
signficant ... as intro to elemental breathing maybe? <<

No, these were just suggestions with no real significance. This is more
apparent in the Ruggeberg English edition. In the Merkur edition, the
text has been altered slightly and the editor has added in his own notes
that lead to the conclusion you've just stated.

>> Secondly, real Health is a very holistic thing, surely this exercise
alone can't really be expected to maintain/produce it. To refocus
attention onto improving health in everyday life is one thing, but I get
the feeling this exercise is supposed to be simpler/ more direct than
this. What is meant by `achieving health` in this context? ... achieving
a basic level of commitment to being/feeling healthy maybe? <<

Most often, the greatest barrier to health is our own attitude. When
you inhale the idea of health it has the effect of breaking down the
internalized barriers to healthiness. This doesn't necessarily
transform one's physical health (unless, of course, one's physical
ill-health is rooted wholly in one's attitude), but it does
significantly change one's attitude and you begin to *feel* healthier.

If your attitude toward your own health is not an issue for you, then I
suggest that you focus upon a different, more personally relevant issue.
Bardon simply offered a few suggestions and assumed that each student
would decide for themselves what ideation was most appropriate for them.
Regardless of what the Merkur editor suggests, these four items were NOT
meant to be (sequential) requirements. They were only suggestions,
meant to spur your own imagination.