Re: Peter;s Introduction

Message 00096 of 3835

Dear Jeni,

Yes, that's pretty much the idea that Lao Zi, more commonly known as
Lao Tsu, within the Dao De Jing that he is said to have written. The
Dao, is something that is incomprehensible. If it is named, then that
is not it. It is sometimes considered within Daoist cosmology to be
the "creative spark" that came before the state of wuji, chaos, the
undiferentiated ultimate, and continues to help sustain existence as
a web of interconnectivity between all things.

In this respect, the Dao, if represented upon the tree of life, would
be that which came before kether in one form, and the whole of the
tree, the paths and gates in particulate, in another form.

Though, in trying to pin something down in this manner one excludes
numerous other interpritations at the very same time.

For those of you wishing to see a visual representation of what I was
talking about should go to John Painter's site here:
http://www.ninedragonbaguazhang.com/jiulongqi.htm The diagram at the
bottom is the one that I am refering to. Which is also one of the
earliest renditions of the Taiji symbol. In which case, a certian
visual similarity with the tree of life comes to into play as well.

Live well,
Peter Reist

--- In BardonPraxis@yahoogroups.com, "Jennifer Jones"
<jennifer_jones@s...> wrote:
> Peter, Welcome:
> I like your statements about the "true Dao." What I hear you
saying is It's
> kind of like, if you think you know God then you don't, because
you are
> thinking?
> (I live in Ottawa, neighbour)
> Jeni