Re: Final question on 'Observation'

Message 00256 of 3835

Dear Vovin,

>> I guess the question is this: Where does thought begin and the active
process of consciousness end? <<

The "active process of consciousness" doesn't end, it merely takes on
form through thought, word and deed.

I very much enjoyed your analysis. It shows that you've gotten from the
observation exercise what it was that you were supposed to get. :)

Essentially, what you have described are the three Elemental regions of
the mental body which are permeated with thought.

Earth region =
>> * Linguistic thought -> Linguistic thought is a result rather than a
cause; it seems to be the intellectual emphasis of inner or abstract
thought, as to consciously convey its meaning to the physical brain or
memory. It, too, can seem to have a life of its own, although in fact it
then
operates solely as a echo of memory or other diverse seperate phenomena.
<<

Water region =
>> * Abstract thought -> Abstract thought, on the other hand, is the
first inner level of deviation from the focus of action/purpose. If
pursued, it tends to objectify into linguistic thought, and
subsequentially distract the focus of inner thought's action/purpose. It
seemingly has a life of its own, and follows memory/association patterns
rather than the action/purpose/ideation process. <<

Air region =
>> * Inner thought -> Inner thought is in other words the
ideation-process itself. It is extremely "close" to the center of
awareness, and races alongside the stream of awareness as if
inseperatable from it. Attempting to observe it, _is_ thinking of
observing it. It is the mental
equivalent of action, or purpose itself. <<

This leaves the Fire region which you will encounter directly in the
emptiness of mind exercise.