Re: Thoughts control - again :-(

Message 00258 of 3835

Dear Newbie,

>> Third week on the very first exercise. <<

There ain't nothing wrong with that, brother! Each exercise should be
pursued till *you* feel complete with it. Most folks just gloss over
this one and never receive it's full worth.

>> Sounds stupid, but in other cases I almost have the sensation of a
"spontaneous mental contact" with the thoughts themselves (equivalent of
the sense of touch, of space used by something outside me). It is not
created by me, but it surprises me to the point that I feel as if I were
an active instead of passive observer - since I felt something. In
other cases, I also feel a more remote presence.
This is independent of the category of thought which I also felt
(words/images/abstractions etc.), but that I labeled less precisely than
Vovin.
Q1) Is it just the imagination of a crazy newbie and will it go away
spontaneously ? I only feel this during my exercises. <<

I'm having a hard time penetrating your description, but it sounds as if
you are touching upon a deeper level of awareness. The *observer*, as
opposed to the *observation*. In other words, that part of your
awareness that's actually directing the observing of thoughts.

If that's the case, then it's a good thing and not a "distraction", per
se. But I'd appreciate it if you would write a more detailed
description of your experience.

>> Q2) But why would thoughts be only visual or auditive? Why couldn't
they use all senses? <<

This is just the way thoughts are *perceived* by *most* folks and has
nothing to do with thought itself. For example, a person who was born
blind and deaf would not *perceive* thought in visual or auditive form.