Re: Soul Mirrors and the Elements - FIRE

Message 00277 of 3835

Hi Rawn,

Thank you for clarifying!

The relationship between your character traits and the Elements cannot
be perceived with the rational intellect alone. This is why Bardon
suggests that the student meditate deeply upon each of the Elements and
upon the character traits. Meditation taps into *more than* just the
rational intellect and reveals an understanding of the Elements
unattainable by just thinking.

YES! I will be posting about Water soon, and I touch on this very aspect. Water reaches into our subconscious minds and fishes out hidden knowledge. This is the realm of intuition and psychic awareness.

I suggest that you apply the Step One
mental techniques of one-pointedness and emptiness of mind meditation to
delve deeper into the Elements instead of focusing just upon lists of
character trait and Element associations.

Agreed. Such lists are like books on dream interpretations. Curious, but personally rather useless. I sometimes find archetypical examples that make sense to me, and sometimes elemental attributes also make sense to me. In these cases, I might form a spider-web frame for my own understanding, but then I depend on my inner Voice to say what's true for me. Sometimes the web holds, and sometimes it gets dashed apart <g>.

>> That said, I *think* the strong emotions full of energy belong to
Fire because of the projective or electrical energy they contain. <snip>
Feelings like shyness are felt inwardly - drawn
there magnetically IMO, and so belong to Water and emotions. <<

In general, you've got the right idea. The problem though, is that the
items you've listed are the *results of* character traits. Anger, for
example, is a Fiery *symptom* or *effect*, it is not a *root trait*.
With the Soul Mirror work, you must find the root itself. The root of
anger *might* be Fiery in nature but it can also be Airy or Watery or
Earthy. This is why I say that these broad terms *must* be broken down
situationally and examined until you've recognized their root cause.

Thank you Rawn. You've opened another memory <smile>... Long years ago when I was working intensely with Elements, et al, I was taught to break these down even further, such as Fire of Fire, Fire of Air, Fire of Water and Fire of Earth. This process *might* help some of us when we are on the line between two Elements. Also, breaking traits down help determine whether they are positive or negative. Anger can fall just about anywhere.

The Elemental attribution of your own character traits is a VERY
personal matter, so lists of correspondences only serve a limited
usefulness in this regard. What exists as a Fiery trait for one person
may well be Watery for you, so even if you do find your trait in a list,
you must still examine it and decide *for yourself* which Element it
truly belongs to for *you*.

I agree. The attributes I gave were meant only as examples, nothing more. In spite of what I know about the elements, I use mostly intuition for assigning my own Soul Mirror elemental attributes, and then, after meditating, often go back and change some. This Mirror is magical - it seems to waver and shift constantly <smile>.

Amberlyn

Main Index | Thread Index