Re: Re: Fever and virus infections

Message 00326 of 3835

Dear Jen,

I agree with Alexandra's approach. Personally, when I develop a fever,
I encourage it since a fever is the body's way of killing an invading
organism. I will take a hot bath, dress warmly, turn up the heat, etc.,
all in an effort to support my body's developing fever. This habit
actually shortens the time of illness since the infecting organism is
killed more quickly than when the fever is discouraged. Of course, this
is NOT advisable when a fever reaches a dangerous level and at that
point, every effort should be made to cool the body in the ways
Alexandra suggested (i.e., cooling of the lower body, Earth and Water
regions specifically). [Note: In the presence of fever, it is essential
that you drink plenty of *room temperature* water. This keeps you
hydrated and further encourages a cleansing sweat.]

When you're already sick with the flu, I don't recommend self-treating
with the Elements. Instead, use physical manifestations of heat or
cold. These are gentle modalities that your body knows how to deal with
on its own.

As for preventing/avoiding infection, I rely upon my triple shield. I
find it effective against almost every air-borne infection.