Re: Soul Mirrors and the Elements - EARTH

Message 00350 of 3835

Dear Amberlyn,

> Remember that Earth is the combination of Fire, Water, and Air. It
> contains, or involves all of the three elements, in its Form.
Therefore,
> any of these elements may be expressed in Earth, but given Form,
still
> belong to Earth.

Yes, of course that's something for me to think about; the fact that
Earth is a combination of the others and so mixes traits of the
other elements together. So, these traits which mix to form a new
element (Earth) can be separated again when analyzing an Earth trait
to see which of the other three elements are present in it. Is that
correct? Or does Earth form totally different characteristics which
just happen to be made from the same 'ingredients' but have
metamorphosed into something totally different and unrecognizable.
Sorry, it's still difficult for me to articulate my ideas and
thoughts on this subject matter as it is so new to me. I think what
I am trying to get at is this: if we compared the elements to
physical world chemicals, or substances, there are some substances
which, when mixed, form something different but this new substance
is still clearly comprised of two (or more) separate substances and
can quite easily be split back into its original components. But
other substances when mixed bind at the atomic level in a more solid
and dramatic way and create a totally new substance which cannot
very easily be reverted to its original forms. Which of these two
analogies would you (or anyone else in the group) say is more
appropriate to describe how the three elements of fire, air and
water come together to form Earth.... or is the analogy not relevant
at all in this case?

> I really cannot comment too much on this, as I am not Spanish
<smile>.
> Speaking per my intuition, I would think exaltado would still be
attributed
> to Air, and trozudo, still attributed to Earth, in terms of Soul
Mirror
> Traits. Subbornness has several Earth characteristics inherent
within the
> concept, language aside.

I have to say that my native language is English too (I'm not sure
if you knew that, and the frequent typos and incoherent ramblings of
my posts would almost certainly suggest otherwise ;-), but it seems
to me like you have a very good intuitive grasp of Spanish... you
don't happen to be free in May when I have to sit my exams do

Thanks again for supplying me with material for my one-pointedness
exercises :-)

Take care,

Martin

Main Index | Thread Index