Question One-pointedness

Message 00369 of 3835

Greetings!

I have a question regarding one-pointed thinking.

Yesterday, I had chosen for my present topic "The root of my
laziness". So far so good. I started off great, focusing upon the
subject and digging deeper into the topic. I soon ran out of thoughts
relating to the topic, however, and this is where my question comes
in. I suppose one could call these mental lapses distractions, but I
did the following to keep in line with the topic.

My method of keeping the mind focused upon the topic when I ran out
of thoughts relating to it, while waiting for new ideas to come up,
was to mentally repeat "Root of laziness" to myself as to shut other
thoughts out. My question is this: Is this a correct way of doing
this, or am I missing something?

I hope someone can help me with this.

Well met
Vovin