Re: one-pointedness??

Message 00411 of 3835

Dear Chenxsi,

>> Does one-pointedness simply means to choose a topic, allow all
related thoughts to enter your mind, and excluding all unrelated
thoughts? <<

Essentially, yes. However, using an image or a mantra is not optimal.
Bardon instructs that you focus upon a "thought, idea or train of
thoughts".

I suggest that you visit the following pages:

#1) http://www.ABardonCompanion.com/IIH-Step1.html
This is my commentary on Step One of IIH in which I discuss
one-pointedness

#2) http://www.ABardonCompanion.com/Essays&CorrespLinks.html
Here are several excerpts from my personal and public correspondence,
some of which discuss the one-pointedness exercise.