VOM

Message 00419 of 3835

Hi everyone,

When I was preparing tonight to do my vacancy of mind meditation, I
realized that it seems to be a combination of the two previous
exercises: you have to focus intently to block out any distracting
thoughts, and you have to passively allow any extranuous thoughts
which do arise to come and go... having realized this has helped a
little, but I'm still finding the VOM exercise to be a lot more
challenging than the other two mental exercises (not that I found
those easy at all!). With this exercise more than the other two, I
find it difficult to stay focused and aware. I end up drifting into
a dream-like state and 'coming to' half an hour later (not exactly
falling asleep, more of a hypnogogic state). Obviously the fact that
I am almost always tired by the time I have a chance to practice
doesn't help... I need to find a way to stay alert mentally, yet
also permit my mind to become vacant... any suggestions, tips or
comments would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

Martin

Main Index | Thread Index