Re: Shielding

Message 00420 of 3835

Dear Paul:

Another aspect of the rotating Light Shield that you may find interesting. . .

As part of Thought Discipline (step 1 of IIH) I frequently need to dismiss
thoughts inappropriate to my current environment (i.e., thoughts of work
intruding at home and vice versa). I have developed the habit of banishing
these thoughts with an imagined sweep of my arm (I envision my gesture sweeping
the intruding thoughts away). I instinctively sweep right to left (counter
clockwise). Since initiating the shield (rotating clockwise) I have encountered
distinct resistance to sweeping away thoughts with a counter-clockwise
gesture--even though I wasn't thinking of the rotating shield at the time. I
have had to use my "other" imaginary arm to sweep thoughts away left to right.
That works just fine without resistance. I have no idea if this is a purely
psychological phenomenon or if it has something to do with the shield itself.

Sincerely, /RM/