Re: Re: [FranzBardonMagi] ABardonCompanion Website Update -- [allegedly] Copyright material removed

Message 00449 of 3835

Dear John,

No one reported me to Merkur and Merkur did not contact me. My
rationale for posting these files on my website (and for allowing them
on the BardonPraxis website) was my erroneous assumption that neither
Ruggeberg nor Merkur much cared. But since that assumption has proved
incorrect, I have no problem with once again removing them.

Merkur does legally own the copyright on their translation of Bardon's
books and they did receive permission from Mr. Ruggeberg to make those
translations (and to effectively take over publication of the English
editions of Bardon's work). It is *their* legal and moral right to
object when someone else creates a .pdf/.doc/.html (or any other
version) of their copyrighted material without their permission. Since
I now understand that they *do* object, I choose to honor their rights.

My decision to remove them is also due in part to my friendship with,
and sympathy for, many of those involved in the business of publishing,
distributing and selling Bardon's books and books related to Bardon's
system. I do *not* want to harm their futures. :) In fact, I wish
them the best and hope that their sales soar!

As I noted in my original Update notice, the decision to post them at
all was difficult for me. I am *very* sympathetic to the fact that we
are in a global economic depression of sorts and that, for many folks,
buying books takes second place to feeding themselves and their families
and keeping a roof over their heads. It saddens me that it takes money
to access what Bardon wrote, but that is not something that is within my
own power to change on a large scale. All I am capable of is my own
generosity that comes from my own pocket -- I don't have the right to
give what resides in the pockets of other folk.