Soul Mirror

Message 00451 of 3835

I´ve been doing the soul mirror for at least a week. This is the second time
because the first time I only wrote down loose words like anger, greed,lust,
etc. Anything that came to my mind and that I felt related to. Then I realized
that I wasn´t getting to the root of the traits...even more, Iwasn´t
diferentiating between roots and traits. So now I´m trying a new approach. I´m
taking the first set of words and trying to remember situations that apply to
them. Once I do this, once I feel like I did in every specific situation is
easier to meditate about the roots.
You´ll probably ask yourself why am writing down such a extense prelude??
Well, the thing is that I can list over 300 traits that I experienced at least
once in my life. But when it comes to the root, I can say for example that for
50% of the traits, the roort is "self-doubt" or "beeing insecure about myself".
These roots apply to numerous situations!! So I´m thinking that I will never
get to the 100 items. There are other roots that diverge in more traits and so
on, but no so many as I need :-).
I need some help here..Is my approach of the exercise wrong? Am I missing
something??