Re: Re: VOM

Message 00461 of 3835

Dear Martin,

>> Should I stop the exercise as soon as my mind is distracted? Or
should I count my distractions and record then? If I should count then,
would you recommend using the
beads/knots technique outlined later on my Bardon? <<

I think while you're in the learning process with the VOM, that you
should just count them (using the string of knots/beads) and not worry
so much about keeping track of the time. Once you get a handle on the
VOM and can keep the state for several minutes, then start timing
yourself to see how close to the minimum requirement you are.

>> I'm finding the objective of this exercise a lot harder to grasp, a
lot vaguer and I don't think that is helping me. I keep asking
myself WHAT is vacancy of mind? Not having distractions? Not having
any thoughts at all? If it's the latter, then maybe me not
remembering what has been running through my head is a good sign,
because how can we remember what we were thinking if we are not
supposed to be thinking? <<

Vacancy = no thoughts. This state reveals the part of your awareness
that lies beyond thinking and that is the objective of the exercise.

>> P.S. Rawn, I posted a translation of the Spanish message in the
e-bardon forum. <<

Yes, thank you!, I noticed. It was very helpful and I've since replied
to Humberto off list. :)