Re: VOM

Message 00457 of 3835

> The main thing is to persevere with the exercise. The VOM is a new
> state of awareness for you and it may take you a while to adjust
to it,
> sort of like your eyes adjusting to the darkness.
>
> You might consider devoting your Eucharistic magic of air, food and
> water, to keeping yourself alert and aware during your VOM
practice.
> For example, impregnate your air, water and food with the idea
that you
> remain alert during your VOM and that you remember the experience.

Thanks a lot for the adivce, Rawn. I'm sticking at it and hope I'm
making progress little by little. One more query though; at the
moment with the VOM exercise, I haven't been setting any sort of
time limit like I did with the previous two exercises for which I
used to set an alarm to go off after ten minutes. I found that this
focused my mind for those exercises. With this exercise though, I
find I need time to prepare mentally before trying the VOM exercise
and so I don't set an alarm. Should I stop the exercise as soon as
my mind is distracted? Or should I count my distractions and record
then? If I should count then, would you recommend using the
beads/knots technique outlined later on my Bardon?

I'm finding the objective of this exercise a lot harder to grasp, a
lot vaguer and I don't think that is helping me. I keep asking
myself WHAT is vacancy of mind? Not having distractions? Not having
any thoughts at all? If it's the latter, then maybe me not
remembering what has been running through my head is a good sign,
because how can we remember what we were thinking if we are not
supposed to be thinking?

Can anyone help me to untangle these mental knots?

Thanks a lot,

Martin

P.S. Rawn, I posted a translation of the Spanish message in the e-
bardon forum.

Main Index | Thread Index