Re: Elements, fluids, tetrapolar magnet and IHVH

Message 00465 of 3835

Dear NB,

<<Yes, but from a kabbalistic perspective instead of
an Hermetic one>>
>> So there is a *difference* between Hermetic and kabbalistic ? <<

Yes, even though they share a lot of similarities, they are separate
traditions or belief systems. My statement was in reference to your
question about the placement of the Letters in The Name having to do
with a progressive, sequential Elemental density. My point was that,
with The Name, the sequence is Kabbalistic instead of Hermetic.

>> I believed that the kabbale was a sort of *subset* of Hermetism -
since it is also taught by Bardon. Or did Bardon adress subjects not
directly included in Hermetism ? <<

Historically, Hermeticism influenced the evolution of Jewish Kabbalah
and likewise, Hermeticism came to include parts of Kabbalah into itself,
resulting in modern Western Hermetic Kabbalah (a la the Golden Dawn, et
al). *Western* Kabbalah is very much a subset, so to speak, of
Hermeticism, but this is not the same as the Jewish Kabbalah from which
The Name stems.

Bardon's Quabbalah is an interesting blend of the Jewish root, exercised
in an Hermetic fashion. It is obviously not the same kabbalah that's
taught by the GD, et al, and similarly, it's not the same as what you'd
learn in a yeshiva, yet it shares in aspects of both.

>> How can I determine what belongs to what ? <<

;-) With lots of study.