Re: more soul mirror questions

Message 00464 of 3835

Dear Vania,

>> I've recently started re-doing my soul mirrors so that they include
different occurences of a personality trait and also root causes of
those
traits. So I'm wondering whould my new mirrors should include both the
'cause and effect', in other words should I have both the rooth cause
AND
the resulting effects? Or should I only include the root causes? <<

The more information contained within your soul mirror, the better! I'd
say, include both if it pleases you and helps you to know yourself more
thoroughly.

>> An interesting thing I have noticed while working on finding the root
of a trait, was that the majority of the root causes are either fears or
desires based on our likes and dislikes. Am I missing something, is
there more to it? I mean it's scary when I think that a person's
behaviour can be solely based on fears/desires. <<

Remember, this is your *un-consciously* formed personality. In other
words, this is not the result of *conscious* choices.

>> Come to think of it fears/desires are all rooted in inctinct, so is
that the one root cause of our whole bahaviour? Is it instinct we're
trying to overcome and thus transform out personality? <<

Biological instinct does play a part but the root of most fear/desire is
cultural programming -- things we are taught to fear/desire.

>> I'm wondering though, because the fear/desire thing applies to the
white mirror too, and so what are we to transform our personality into?
<<

With character transformation we replace our un-consciously formed
patterns of behaviour with consciously chosen, positive alternatives
that fulfill us. The personality structure becomes a matter of
conscious choice, over which we exercise a determing power, instead of
sub-conscious habit over which we have no power.