Re: Re: mad

Message 00466 of 3835

Martin:

>Nah, I often think I'm going mad/insane too, just didn't want to
>admit it to the rest of the group.... ooops! *cringe* Let me know if
>you want to start a mad-as-a-hatter Bardonists group ;-) Any other
>takers??

Just found a phrase in an essay ("Distractions") by Aldous Huxley relating to
this. He writes about "circumventing the tricks of the imbecile whom we carry
about with us as a secondary personality".

I guess my comment was about suddenly seeing more clearly that part in me which
is dross, noice, static. Not rationalism, not passions (they still have an aim
and direction), just pure (or rather, dirty) imbecilities.

Stu

Main Index | Thread Index