Re: Magical charging of food and drink

Message 00505 of 3835

In a message dated 2/25/03 10:34:58 AM Pacific Standard Time,
worldofjimbob@... writes:

> I'd like to get opinions on a particular point: bardon advises the
> charging of food and drink with wishes, and the abstinence from
> reading (and presumably watching TV too) whilst eating and drinking.
> But whilst reading (and TV too sometimes) I like to have a glass of
> wine, or a beer, or a cup of tea, and though I charge the beverage I
> sip it whilst engaging with whatever pastime I am currently involved
> in. This is not conscious drinking as prescribed by Bardon. To what
> extent is this invalid.

Basically, if you are reading or watching TV while eating or drinking,
whatever the content is, that will be what is charged on your drink or food.

Whatever thought(s) you are in whatever way engaged in, will enter your food
as you eat it, and your drink as you drink, whether intention is behind it or
not. The purpose of conscious drinking and eating is to bring about
intention, make the act explicit, and as well to increase mindfulness, it is
not a pre-requisite for charging an object. "Charging" is the natural result
of your being alive in the moment, within whatever grouping of phenomena
(reading, TV (cough, spit)) is active.

Daniel.