Re: Physical scars getting painful during meditations

Message 00537 of 3835

Dear NB,

I think the reason you're feeling your scars is because the nerves in
your skin are being stimulated by the electrical charge you build during
your meditations. This may even be an indication of healing in that the
nerves severed during your operation are becoming active.

However, carrying this electrical charge for extended periods of time
could be unhealthy. I *strongly* suggest that you begin a practice of
"grounding" yourself, before AND after each meditation exercise. Prior
to meditating, connect yourself to the earth below and at the end (or
even during) of your meditation, drain ALL of the *excess*
energy/electrical charge into the earth below.

The simplest way to do this is to imagine that you are a tree with roots
that penetrate deeply into the earth below. Let your roots extend from
the palms of your hands and the soles of your feet (just like in the
Archaeous). These roots can be used to draw grounding-energy up from
the earth OR to push energy down into the earth. The earth will gladly
accept whatever energy you feed her and she will process it into a new
form.

Another method may be to immerse your hands in a bowl of cold water
after your meditation and willfully discharge all of the excess energy
into the cold, magnetic water. Be sure to pour the water down a drain
or onto bare earth afterwards (i.e., don't consume it or feed it to a
plant or animal).

And finally, I suggest that you meditate about your scars, about your
past surgery and all that it means/meant to you. In other words, follow
your body's lead since it is bringing those scars to your attention in
this way. Perhaps your body has something to tell you . . . In any
event, it never hurts to pay this kind of attention to your body's
signals. :)

I've found it best, when my body does something I don't quite
understand, to sit with it for a while and ask my body, "what's this
about?" Invariably, an answer of some sort bubbles to the surface. :)
When it turns out to be something within my conscious control, I take
command and do what's needed. And if it's not something I can remedy in
this way, I ask my body what *it* needs and then meet those needs to the
best of my ability.