VOM and Center of Stillness Meditation?

Message 00617 of 3835

Hi,

It's been a while (about a month I think), since I have posted in this forum.
I've been working at trying to achieve vacancy of mind and felt that I had
asked all the necessary questions and the rest is up to me to just practice
until I achieve it. I must say that I still have only had rather limited
success, but I'm still plugging away. I've been reading the posts with interest
and followed some suggestions made by people in response to other people's
questions. I've tried the wilful approach to emptying my mind, I've tried
various breathing exercises in the hopes that they would lead up to VOM, I've
tried focussing on the inside of my body, the Universe, a candle flame, the
sound of running water and lots more....

Rawn, I hope you had a relaxing break and that you achieved what you set out to
achieve; it's great to have you back. I recently came across your Centre of
Stillness meditation file on your website and have been practicing the first
section of that. I was wondering if that is beneficial at this stage for me,
i.e. if it will help me to achieve VOM, or if at this point it is
counterproductive. To my mind, it seems to bring together mental and astral
exercises of step one (and beyond?) of IIH, so my gut feeling is that
practicing it may help me, but I thought I'd ask the author!

Thanks a lot,

Martin