Re: Re: questions...

Message 00618 of 3835

Dear Chenxsi,

>> Hmm...to be more specific, when i imagine a sound for 5 minutes,
unrelated thoughts do appear sometimes, but my focus on hearing the
imagined sound is never interrupted. Such distracting thoughts are
banished immediately from my mind. Should unrelated thoughts ever
appear in the first place? <<

It can take a long time to get to the point where intruding thoughts
never arise. The path to that moment is built from repeatedly managing
such intruding thoughts in the manner you describe. Eventually, their
arising and their banishment occur in the same instant, which is to say
that, effectively, intruding thoughts don't arise.

The main issue with intruding thoughts is that they do not interrupt
your primary focus. It sounds to me like you're doing great! :)