Re: VOM and Center of Stillness Meditation?

Message 00622 of 3835

>> Have you tried simply letting go of thinking?<<

Rawn, thanks a lot for your reply. The funniest thing happened when
I read your message. My first 'gut' instinct was to think 'well, of
course I've TRIED, that's the whole point, but it's not that easy'.
Then after a few seconds a voice in my head told me to stop being
critical; that the guy knows what he is talking about and wrote what
he wrote for a reason. Then (and this is the part I am still having
trouble believing), it was as if a switch was turned on (or off) in
my head and there and then, as I sat in front of the computer, I saw
beyond your words, the essential meaning I suppose, and I found
myself falling into a meditative state effortlessly and for 13
minutes I experienced a vacancy of mind; well actually, there were
several small stray thoughts, but it was a huge leap from my past
experiences which never lasted for more than a minute. At one point
I felt as if my awareness was expanding, quite literally... that's
one aspect of it that I don't think I would be able to put into
words....

That was yesterday. Today I listened to your CSM recording which I
downloaded yesterday (and thank you very much for your kind offer of
sending me the CD, but my dial up connection was having a good day
yesterday and it didn't take too long to download). The meditation
is great, it really helped me to relax in a way I hadn't before with
other forms of meditation, and I believe it helped to strengthen the
vacancy of mind. I still need to work with the VOM exercise more
before I would feel happy moving on to the next step, but at least
now I feel I have something I can work towards.

I would highly recommend the Center of Stillness Meditation to
anyone working on Step One (and probably the other steps, but I have
no experience of those yet!) - it's something I intend to continue
working with as a 'lead up' to my vacancy of mind meditation.

So, Rawn, thank you again for taking the time to prepare all of your
wonderful recordings and all of the other useful material available
on your site (I can think of one or two people who may be fuming
now, but I personally can see nothing wrong with expressing your
appreciation to someone who takes the time out to answer your
questions as thoughtfully as Rawn does.)

Take care,

Martin

Main Index | Thread Index