Re: Manifestation

Message 00656 of 3835

emc,

>>>Hi Andrew the Merry, I like your moniker :-)<<<

Thanks! :-) And thank you so much for you response! I was especially joyed
since video games are such a huge part of my life and I have only recently
realized the connection between my gaming and my magic studies. It's nice to
know that others realize their potential value, as it seems like most people
consider them to be something completely different.

>>>Video games and magic, what a juicy topic! I've stolen effects from
video games, especially sound and visuals, to add "flare" and engage the
imagination more powerfully with intent. Some of these are especially
effective in shielding for me.<<<

Juicy indeed! While it could be said that video games actually reduce the
use of imagination, it could also be said that the level of detail created by
the game's environments actually allows the imagination to be stretched to
places that it perhaps could not reach on its own. I have a much easier time
imagining something when I can first see or hear it. I remember reading some
of Rawn's Eight Temples Meditation Project and thinking "this would make a
sweet video game!".

>>>Video games seem to correlate with a modern mythology (and it seems the
myths of a time are seldom recognized in their own temporal framework.)
At one time I started compiling a list of some of the implicit
philosophy that is embedded in these games... <<<

What a wonderful list!!! :-D I shared it with a gaming buddy of mine, I hope
you don't mind.

>>>1. Opposition makes the game interesting. The minor challenges prepare
you for the major ones (big bosses, etc.) Obstacles can be avoided,
eliminated, or absorbed. Absorbing takes away energy to resist further
obstacles; eliminating takes away resources.
2. As you gain mastery things don't become easier, in fact, stuff comes
at you faster and harder.
3. If you skip ahead through some shortcut to success, you will have
difficulty maintaining at that level because you have not evolved the
skills that go with it. <<<

The work of IIH is interesting because it is increasingly difficult! :-) It
is important to not skip steps, as each one prepares you for the next.

>>>4. Spatial metaphors: a lot of it is based on "Navigation" around
obstacles, to opportunities; reactions appropriate in one context may
not work or be dangerous in another...<<<

The importance of experimentation. It is vital to scientific studies, or in
our case, magicial studies.

>>>5. Temporal metaphors: there is both a time limit (mortality) and
infinity (you can always start over, but you don't retain what you've
accomplished --- materially --- the knowledge retained is still on what
you have to got through again, but not on what you have yet to
encounter) You can slow things down sometimes by speeding up....<<<

Not to put a definitive answer to "what happens when you die?" ;-), but it is
very interesting. Bardon repeats many times that the magician does not fear
death because it undestands the implications of energy. At the same time the
magician understands the time frame of the opportunity laid before them and
is able to use that understanding to relieve themselves of care that could
otherwise be detrimental to their advancement.

>>>6. Interface is key... learning what manipulations create certain
results... limited set of operations to manage complexity sequences...
pragmatic, use of consensual knowledge-pools (cheat-sheets, etc.) (group
lists? Lol)<<<

Haha :-) The importance of learning what is available to you. The ritual
use of tools, whether borrowed or otherwise formulated. Down - B - Down, or
in our group: one-pointedness - emptiness of mind - one-pointnedness ;-)

>>>As the projected energy gains more coherence of action and a type of
personality in the virtual realm, it becomes a potential magnet, pulling more
energy into its expression of being from the source. In this case the source
is the energy of the player and the mental focus, the flexibility of his or
her energy field in projection can easily lend itself to a difficult
compulsion to resist.<<<

Very interesting! I have found myself to become very immobile after long
sessions of gaming, both physically and mentally. The disruption occurs when
I'm somehow forced to alter the bond formed while I'm playing. I'll have to
look more into that...

>>>This is not about "escape" into a fantasy realm, it is about a class of
energetics, the nascent stages of which can project the consciousness
into objects and whose intermediate levels enable shape-shifting, remote
viewing and astral projection.<<<

Nicely put. It reminds me of people recommending some form of media to one
another, hoping that the other is able to experience whatever they themselves
have. I know on occasion I've done the same with movies, music, or games.
In many cases it is what I experienced as a result of immersing myself in the
media through forms of projection and contemplation that causes me to
recommend it to others. What I usually don't assume is that the person will
view the media as something very removed from themselves, which may cause
their experience to not turn out to be what I was recommending in the first
place. Although, at least some aspects of the experience are guaranteed.

>>>Importance of magical mirror... your imbalances will be what creates
the attraction...how?<<<

Good question. I'm not sure if it's an imbalance so much as it is an
alternative way of gaining experience.

>>>I'm getting ready to make the same mistake Andrew, I sure Rawn will swat
me if I'm wandering to far afield and I'm going to blame you, hahah<<<

Haha, will my message suffer the wrath of Rawn?! ;-) Indeed, I have no
problem accepting all of the blame :-)