A little thought for a great matter

Message 00670 of 3835

I would like to share with you a piece of reflexion I had
about all the subjects that were dealt with.

Some of us (and I too) are frequently asking interesting
questions, waiting for an answer or a guide to keep on
working. This means we all need a master, although our, is
not made of flesh and blood. The only inheritage he let to
us, is his books. It is important too to underline the fact
that a great deal of people (so do I) find the descriptions
of the exercises slightly dark, not exhaustive although the
employed language is clear and precise.
So I was wondering if this single topic was not fully
wished.
In asian martial arts, true masters do not talk much to
their pupils, do not tell them how to perform a technic
what is the deep meaning of it. In a first time the main
job is to observe the master and try to do the same, in a
second time the job consists to meditate the exercise and
to overcome it. Thanks this way the master knew that the
pupil would master the technic or exercise. He would not
"do the same and as good as the master" but would be one
with the technic. This way of doing is a matter of Asia
(China, India, Japan, etc) but it was the matter of ancient
Egypt too. However we should not forget Master Bardon
Initiation : It comes from transhimalaya region. He also
must have been influenced with the way of teaching that are
asian ones. We can also easily understand the reason why we
find the understanding of the exercises so difficult, and
why he do not tell us much about the performing and
description.
It is possible to say that he gave the basis and let us all
the job to do : he showed where the food is, then we have
legs and teeth to get it and eat it.
I will put an end to that long speech, telling that it is
quite a hard thing for Western people like us to get the
subility of such a (asian) teaching.

Blessing and Light, woce