A thing or two

Message 00672 of 3835

First of all, I wish to thank you Rawn Clark for creating this group.
I know you've heard it many times before, and will continue to hear
it in the future, but I am thankful.

My name is Chad (my email address has nothing to do with my name),
and I just found out about Franz Bardon two or three weeks ago. Went
out and bought IIH last Monday, and have been practicing on Step 1
since then. Western Magic has always interested me above anything
else esoteric, but I have never found myself with a path I wished to
follow until now.

I am on Step 1 in IIH. I understand that one week and a couple days
isn't a whole lot of time for me to have practiced and to come and
ask questions, but I'm a bit curious if I'm doing the first part of
the Mental exercises correctly. Thing is, I'm a bit of a daydreamer,
and not sure if this is acceptable for my part as a silent observer.

Bardon writes "In the beginning you will notice that thoughts which
pertain to matters of everyday life, professional or job-related
matters, worries etc. will rush in on you." These sorts of things do
not come into my mind, but instead I daydream about walking through
town, maybe catching the bus, or other everyday things that do not
really pertain to me (I generally sit at home all day when not
working).

Pretty much what I'm wondering is do these daydreams count towards
completing the first step of this exercise, and if not (which I
believe to probably be the case), how can I get on track to something
else without removing my status as a silent observer? I am thinking
if I force certain thoughts into my head before practicing this may
work, I have yet to try. I'm sure somebody here can give me a nudge
in the right direction, pretty simple stuff here.

Lastly, I know somebody gave the URL to this site a good amount of
posts back, but it's a page that has interested me, and has a bit of
help on the first 4 steps, and more info Bardon style in addition to
that. Here is: http://www.lava.net/~pagios/

Main Index | Thread Index