Re: Re: Need to balance the balancing effort :-)

Message 00678 of 3835

Dear Chenxsi,

>> Progress!!! There's a progress in my astral mirror finally!! <<

Excellent! :)

>> Oh hell..all these months i have an extremely powerful reluctance to
construct my mirrors, and worst of all, i am not even aware of this
reluctance! My self-denial is extraordinary, due to some misguilded
concepts i have in my mind... <<

;-) It's called being human. At least you have discovered an item to
write down in your negative mirror, yes?

>> Anyway to construct my mirrors, i will first think of a problem i had
in life. I will keep searching into the root of my negative trait, and
when i've found it, start to think of a solution, then think of how to
solve this problem with my positive personality traits. <<

Another suggestion, if I may. Bardon splits this process down into
discrete phases: #1) Make your negative list. This is purely
self-analysis without critique and without trying to find the solutions
to the items you discover. #2) Divide your list into the Elemental
categories. Here you must analyze each item to see which Element it
belongs to. #3) Divide each Elemental category into three degrees of
severity. Here you define how big or small a problem each item is. #4)
Repeat numbers 1 thru 3 for your positive list.

This is all that one does during the Step One. It's not until Step Two
that you start analyzing the question of how to resolve your negative
items and begin the work of character transformation. Step One is
purely about introspective self-analysis.

By your description above, I see that you're trying to engage in the
Step Two process of self-change, or at least of figuring out your
tactics for eventual self-change, as part of your Step One introspective
self-analysis. The problem with combining these two operations is that
you can easily get lost in trying to figure out remedies and thereby
overlook many items for your list. Doing it that way can really slow
the process down for you and lead to eventual frustration with how long
it's taking.

Furthermore, figuring out how to rectify your negative traits is much
easier when you first have a firm idea of everything you're working
with, vis a vis a list all of your positive and negative traits. This
way, you know before hand all of the assets you have to work with.