Re: the magic of IHVH

Message 00683 of 3835

Dear Chenxsi,

>> Oh by the way about the astral form of magical speech in Lesson 2
(the one that is whispered out loud ), how does one speak with
"emotions," and to put your emotional self into it? What exactly is the
kind of emotions one needs to put into the words? Is it simply to
"feel" the mental meaning of the words? <<

The mental speech is fairly dispassionate and you seek to express your
rational understanding of the canticle. With the astral speech however,
you seek to express the emotional significance that your rational
understanding engenders within you. In other words, the whispered
astral speech is not a mere intellectual repetition, but rather involves
an invocation of spontaneous, heartfelt passion.

This passion arises from placing yourself within the words you are
saying and actually *being* the words, as opposed to merely repeating
them. In essence, you act them out. For example when you say "I am!"
(Ani), you must act as if *you are!* You must feel the grandeur of "I
am!" infuse your whole being. When you speak the "Yod, Heh, Vav, Heh"
of The Name and bring your awareness down the ladder of manifestation,
you must feel, and express, the emotional significance of each aspect of
The Name. When you speak the "Adonai" you must feel, and express, the
emotional significance of the cloud of Rainbow-hued light that naturally
erupts as the result of this conscious descent. When you utter the
words "Ribonno shel olam" ("Master unto the ages") and send your energy
outward, you must feel, and express, the emotional significance of what
you are saying and doing. And finally, when you utter the closing
"Amen", you must feel, and express, the emotional significance of the
competition that this word causes.

>> When i whisper the words out loud there seems to be a sort
of "emotional vibration" around my body (or is it only a physical
vibration?), even though i do not know what kind and nature of the
emotions they are. It simply felt energetic. <<

I suggest that you experiment with drawing this emotional energy into
yourself and explore it to see what emotions it contains for you. In
his most recent post, EMC described an excellent technique for this sort
of exploration of an emotion.

>> Not sure if this is related..but lets assume that one is acting a
role of a "dominant, sarcastic and cruel person," is there a magical
way of making me completely feel the emotions of being such a person,
and think exactly like one, without forgetting who i truely am? <<

One method would involve transferring your consciousness into such a
person and thus gain an intimate understanding of their thought
processes, emotional motivations, etc. Once you've gained this
experience of what if feels like to be such a person, it's then fairly
easy to emulate their behaviour (without losing yourself in the
process).