Free-CD Fund Update

Message 00730 of 3835

Dear Friends,

Since announcing the generous donation made to the Free-CD Fund on April
18th, I've been able to send out almost 60 CD's free of charge (58 as of
this morning) ! This has confirmed my long held suspicion that many
folks were reluctant to take me up on my offer of free CD's because they
feared bankrupting me. ;-) But thanks to our kind donor, this barrier
was removed and I discovered how many folks, who couldn't afford the
expense, really were interested in my CD's.

In order to demonstrate exactly how helpful the existence of the Free-CD
Fund has been to date, I created an "audit" of the Fund which you can
view at http://www.ABardonCompanion.com/FreeCD-Audit.htm

This "audit" shows how many CD's have been sent out and to where; the
amount charged to the Fund; and, provides a detailed explanation of the
actual materials cost, versus my normal retail price.

Creating this "audit" of the Fund has moved me to reconsider the pricing
structure for CD sales on my website. I plan to add a new "low income"
purchase option that more closely reflects my actual materials cost per
CD and a separate page devoted to Free-CD ordering. I will also be
establishing a "donation" button through which folks can make donations
directly to the maintenance of this Fund.

Whether the Free-CD Fund receives further donations or not, I remain
committed to seeing that any person who can't afford my CD's will
receive them for free.

My best to you all,