Re: Vacancy of Mind

Message 00784 of 3835

Dear Martin,

Welcome to BardonPraxis! Now we have two Martins (that I know of, at
any rate). :)

>> After having relaxed my body I have been experiencing the following
in some of my meditations, I feel that "I" start spinning at very high
speed and in all directions. The sensation is wonderful, but I can't
figure out what is really is happening. I could not resist
the sensation of euphoria and when I think in something the "effect"
disappears. If someone has experience something like that or have an
explanation I would be delighted to hear about it. <<

Your description sounds like the sensation one experiences when the
astra-mental body begins to separate from the physical body. This is
often experienced as a sensation of spinning or toppling, falling, etc.
Sometimes even nausea and profuse sweating can ensue.

The main thing is to not fight it, as resisting the spin will only
increase any discomfort and feelings of disorientation.

The fact that when you introduce thinking about something, the spinning
ceases, says to me that there is a slight deficiency in the Earth
Element. The Earth Element is what binds the whole consciousness (i.e.,
the three bodies) together. When you meditate, you relax and generally
shift focus away from being in your physical body and this action
pertains to the Air Element (the opposite of the Earth Element).
Focusing your thoughts within the meditative state however, pertains to
the Earth Element and therefore, it will halt the *uncontrolled*
detachment of the astra-mental body from the physical shell.

The spinning sensation, while enjoyable (euphoric, as you described),
can present a major distraction to your otherwise meditative state. For
example, if you're doing the one-pointedness, it draws you away from
your intended point of focus, and when you're practicing an emptiness of
mind, your mind becomes instead filled by the sensation. So it is
something you will need to overcome or at the very least, something you
will need to learn how to ignore so that its occurrence doesn't distract
you.

In terms of overcoming it, I suggest that you look to your Soul Mirror
for any major Air and/or Earth issues and seek balance there.
Especially, a strengthening of the Earth Element would help to better
hold your consciousness together during your quiet meditations.