Pyrokinesis v Fire finger ritual

Message 00952 of 3835

I recently read an exercise by people who just focus
on psychic abilities (pk, telepathy, clairaudience,
etc.) and not on magickal abilities and it said that
the simpliest way to develop pyrokinesis is to light a
match and when you're able to mentally snuff it out,
imagine the flame re-igniting by visualizing it
already lit, just like the visualization done in
practicing the finger ritual for fire.

So, I'm left wondering. What type of energy does the
finger magick ritual utilize? Would it use
etheric/astral in a very pk-like manner or does it use
the fire element itself to ignite the substance? If it
is the fire element, then, is it using ambient fire
element floating around in the environment or the
condensed fire element within the forefinger?

This is also assuming that the practicioner is not
focusing on using ambient fire element or the
condensed element in his forefinger. Just doing the
ritual the way its supposed to be done.