Flickering eyes

Message 00957 of 3835

After achieving a certain humility and working through Step One
(again), I've finally re-achieved Step Two, only to discover a rather
irritating problem of a physical nature.

Whenever I close my eyes to visualize, my eyelids start wanting to
flicker open, my left one more so than the right. Of course, this
disrupts my concentration (since I would have one eye open and one
eye closed in the midst of the exercise). After a few days of this,
I've experimented and found that I do the exercise better with my
eyes open. I've also tried holding my eyes shut with a hand and that
enabled me to visualize as I normally would, but naturally that is
not the way to do it. The whole thing is rather disheartening,
especially since I know that either of these "shortcuts" would just
set me further back than this flaw does.

I am, of course, working on my elemental balance as anyone on Step
Two would, but this strikes me as being a problem of a more physical
nature. It only happens whenever I'm doing this particular exercise;
whenever I'm going to sleep and thinking my good thoughts for the
day, it doesn't happen. It might be psychological, but I've never had
this problem before.

I know that it's not exactly a philosophical dilemma that requires
the shifting of one's entire paradigm, but... blast, is this
annoying! Has anyone else had this problem before?

- Basim

Main Index | Thread Index