Re: Flickering eyes

Message 00978 of 3835

I thank the both of you for the help and advice, and I apologize for
the lack of alacrity in my replying - I'm currently without Internet
access except at the university, and since I live about thirty
minutes out it's impractical to come to town whenever I'd like to get
on the Internet.

In any case - this has now gone from annoying to just plain
bizarre... it seems that I've forgotten how to consciously view
things in my mind's eye. Which is very odd - I have a very active and
detailed fantasy life. I've analyzed this repeatedly, observing the
way I "see" things when I'm fantasizing (and notably without
flickering eyes), but whenever I try to replicate it, bam - there it
goes. I have been able to do it on the same "wavelength" as the
fantasy, so to speak, but then it's not so much that I'm visualizing
a spoon as I'm concentrating on the concept of spoon. When I do this,
my eyes don't flicker, but I'm not "seeing" the spoon in any sense of
the word.

I know I shouldn't be, but I'm truly sorry about continuing this
thread of discussion - I simply have no idea what to do. It pains me
to think that my advancement is impaired by something so... niggling.
What the heck is this?

- Basim

--- In BardonPraxis@yahoogroups.com, "Paulo Cunha" <mail@s...> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> This is my first message to the BardonPraxis group so let me first
> say hello to everyone and what a good place this is for open and
interesting experience
> and knowledge sharing!
>
> I am on my way through step one of Bardon's IIH, and I do sometimes
> like to meditate or at least relax and just let everything go and
listen to
> my body/mind flowing with energy/thoughts.
> When I do this, just like you my eyelids do not close completely
and my
> right one seems to like to open when I relax my face.
> I found two interesting things that may help you as well:
>
> - If I am starting the relaxation, and my face is still
wide "awake", the
> eyelids seem to be closed (because I am forcing them, althought not
intentionaly)
> but when I start to relax, the muscles relax and
> the lids go to, what I believe, their "normal" position for my
current relaxation
> level (i.e. if i am still wide awake and try to relax my face, they
will be half open but
> if I am already quite relaxed, they will be almost 100% closed)
>
> - Still, my right eyelid stays open just a bit most of the times
unless I am very relaxed.
> What I usually do is turn the lights off and just forget about it!
I also started to do it
> with medium lights on and "train" to forget about it... what
happends is that you don't
> care anymore about the light that comes through and at the same
time because you
> are relaxing, it will ultimatly close by itself! (well, actually im
still trying to completely
> forget about that light but I had some progress already... which
means this could
> actually work eheh)
>
> I hope this can somehow help you!
>
> All the best,
>
> Paulo Cunha
>

> > Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 18:30:39 -0000
> > From: "basim326" <basim326@y...>
> > Subject: Flickering eyes
> >

> > After achieving a certain humility and working through Step One
> > (again), I've finally re-achieved Step Two, only to discover a
rather
> > irritating problem of a physical nature.
> >
> > Whenever I close my eyes to visualize, my eyelids start wanting
> > flicker open, my left one more so than the right. Of course, this
> > disrupts my concentration (since I would have one eye open and
one
> > eye closed in the midst of the exercise). After a few days of
this,
> > I've experimented and found that I do the exercise better with my
> > eyes open. I've also tried holding my eyes shut with a hand and
that
> > enabled me to visualize as I normally would, but naturally that
is not the
> > way to do it. The whole thing is rather disheartening, especially
since I
> > know that either of these "shortcuts" would just set me further
back than
> > this flaw does.
> >
> > I am, of course, working on my elemental balance as anyone on
Step
> > Two would, but this strikes me as being a problem of a more
physical
> > nature. It only happens whenever I'm doing this particular
exercise;
> > whenever I'm going to sleep and thinking my good thoughts for the
day, it
> > doesn't happen. It might be psychological, but I've never had
this problem
> > before.
> >
> > I know that it's not exactly a philosophical dilemma that
requires
> > the shifting of one's entire paradigm, but... blast, is this
> > annoying! Has anyone else had this problem before?
> >
> > - Basim

Main Index | Thread Index