Re: Re: Questions, questions, questions

Message 00977 of 3835

Dear Peter,

>> Now if the various spheres that Bardon talks about in his PME relate
to the first eight sepheroth, then would it be possible to use your
Eight Temples Meditation project as a platform for getting in contact
with the spirits that Bardon talks about in PME? <<

Yes, it would be *possible*.

>> Would learning as much from these teachers, and other spirits that
exist throughout the eight temples, be a particularly good thing for the
scholar that has not made it to step eight yet? And, consequently might
have some difficulty discerning an independent entity from a relfection
of one's own psyche? <<

Yes, most definitely!

>> Or perhaps one should just go on the assumption that the spirit in
question is part of the scholars psyche untill proven otherwise? <<

Again, yes, most definitely! :)

>> Now, if the planets are associated with the sepheroth, what of the
planetary associations of the double letters? From which seems to flow
that the letters are in turn associated with the sepheroth. <<

No. The 7 planets and the 7 Double Letters can be considered one and
the same, but the planets and the Sephirot cannot. The 22 Letters and
the 10 Sephirot are separate things and only together do they constitute
the 32 Paths.

This need to make the Double Letters equate directly to the Sephirot is
a common failing of the Western intellect.

>> Using the third key, some of the letters seem to match up: Venus(Peh)
and Mars(Daleth) in particular. Though the others are up in the air for
me. Or am I making the old "Socrates is a duck error" of Plato all over
again? <<

The three in question are Moon, Sun and Saturn. The Sun's color is a
Yellow Gold; whereas, Tiphareth is presented as Gold. Saturn is
presented as a deep Purple, as is Yesod. However, Saturn corresponds to
Binah/Black, not Yesod/Purple. The Moon is given as white which infers
a connection with Kether! ;-) However, Moon corresponds to Yesod and
the color Purple. I'm not sure why Bardon chose the Moon's whiteness
instead of its traditional color of purple or silver (perhaps because
he's used silver for Mercury instead of its usual orange).

>> And yes, I have been working too much in the Library of Hermes. It
shows quite blatantly that I've been studying there for years upon years
without knowing it. One of the teachers there even went so far as to say
to me, in not so many words, "Get thee to Netzach!" :) Which I will
probably be doing sometime later this week. <<

Well then let me echo that advice, in exactly that many words. Get thee
to Netzach! ;-)