Hello from a newbie

Message 01004 of 3835

Hi,I am new to this group and the work of Franz Bardon. I stumbled
across him when doing some web searches for work on chakras and
working with the four elements (I'm a keen meditator). I was very
impressed with what I read about FB and his writings, and the way in
which everyone said that his system always works for the sincere
practitioner, so I have decided to try it, starting with IIH.

It was suggested I introduce myself, so here goes. I am in my late
fifties, live in a small market town in the hills of Northern
England, beautiful country, stone circles old burial mounds, etc. I
am a buddhist, have been for many years, follow no particular teacher
nowadays, tho I was with a Tibetan group for four years. I am keen to
deepen my spiritual experiences and improve my meditation and myself.

I had a strange experience upon encountering Bardon. I couldn't
really afford to send for his book straightaway, so thought well, it
will come my way if I need it. Two days later I found twenty pounds
in the road, the price for ordering it from Amazon! The night before
I got his book, I had a dream where
anonymous dark strangers were trying to get into my house at night -
I live in a peaceful little town - and my children and partner were
terrified. We were all in the kitchen and I seized a bread knife and
found myself wondering if it would do the job. Next day, my IIH
arrived in the post, and... well, on page 17, I read Bardon's analogy
of the bread knife being useful to cut bread, but a dangerous weapon
in the hands of a murderer! Strange...

I have a question for you. I am told by Buddhist teachers that a
belief in magic is a hindrance to enlightenment, tho they do not deny
the supernatural. How do I square that one? Also, I meditate kneeling
on a special bench. Is that OK?

Hope i have not gone on too long. It is great to have met so many
sincere practitioners.

Regards, Uthlagus.

Main Index | Thread Index