Question about VOM

Message 01024 of 3835

I started IIH month and a half ago.
It is fairly easy for me to practice thought control and thought
discipline, because I did that sort of thing for years. But when I
started to practice vacancy of mind, I run into some problems. When I
practice, I start with observing my thoughts and then slowly sink
down into the emptiness. When I go deep enough, it feels like my
body is a sleep, and I feel very peaceful and still and no thoughts
are trying to rise, so I don't have to suppress them. After this
meditation, the feeling of peace and quiet pertains. But sometimes I
can't quite get that peaceful feeling and have to block my thoughts
from rising. I sort of feel them coming before they enter my
consciousness and become words or pictures, and in that instant I cut
them of. So, in that state there are no actual thoughts rising, but
there is a constant intent to stop them if they come about. Is this
also vacancy of mind? In this meditation I am closer to my normal
consciousness, and after it, my concentration power is sharper than
before and I am more focused. In the process of this exercise I
always feel a tingling sensation all over my body. Is that ok, or I
have to stop that also? What kind of VOM should I pursue? The first
or the second one?
Any comments and answers will be greatly appreciated :-)

With regards,

Nenad

Main Index | Thread Index