Re: questions . . .

Message 01049 of 3835

Dear Rawn,

>>>Yes. You could "learn the Letters" but not utter them
Kabbalistically. In other words, when it came to working the First
Key, you'd hit a brick wall. To utter the Letters Kabbalistically
requires considerably more than just "learning the Letters".<<<

>From what I've read, one would to unify with the divine. Something
that I'm quite a ways away from, though I guess working with TMO IHVH-
Adonai with regards to the raising of consciousness is one expression
of such unificaiton with the divine.

Yet, at the same time, with "learning the Letters" one learns how to
condense them dynamically in a manner equivelent to the work with the
Elements and Vital energy in IIH. Can not one use this sort of
accumulation to effect changes as when working with the Elements? How
would such a work differ from the Single Letter Key?

>>>:) Is it any wonder to you now that Bardon spoke of the connection
between magic and mysticism? Magic leads to a mystical outlook . . .
it moves one to poetry because this is often the only way to even
begin expressing the deeper reality.<<<

Actually, it's a quote from William Blake, I believe. Though,
personally I am very much of a poet. I've produced a number of poems
relating to my practice in Hermetics. Not exactly sure they'd be
appropriate to be posted here though.

>>>Whether or not it was "safer" would depend upon your facility with
the Elements. Once mastered, the Elements are "safe".<<<

I was specifically wondering about the application of the Lights and
the Elements upon another person.

>>>Exactly! :) It's again the same pattern of progression illustrated
by the IIH work. One begins with learning how to recognize the
Universal Qualities as they manifest within one's own self, then how
they manifest externally. Then one turns to manipulating those
Universal Qualities, quantitatively within the own self and then
externally. This personalizes the Universal.<<<

So how does learning how to recognize these Universal Qualities and
then start to apply them differ from uttering the Letters
Kabbalahistically? Even without being able to utter the Letters
Kabbalahistically, I can see that having a deep understanding of the
Universal Qualities and how they manifest would be a great asset to
the magician.

>>>Hallelujah! ;-) You are the first person to reply in this way to
that statement! In every other case, I've received either a passive
acceptance or a querulous rebellion, but never actual
understanding.<<<

Well, there is a first for everything! :)

Now, more questions:

Part of the reason why I feel I've progressed up to this level of
being able to percieve essential meaning is due to the fact that I've
worked rather extensivly with the Archeaous, TMO IHVH-adonai, and the
CSM. All of which deal with essential meaning in one way shape or
form. Which would all seem to relate to the Fourth Tarot card because
of this.

With the Archeaous, when the three bodies are seperated, one is able
to see varying degrees of essential meaning. Which is really
interesting when you compare it to the various steps within IIH where
Bardon doesn't start an active seperation of the three bodies until
step 7. Yet, with the Archeaous one is able to achieve seperation and
integration of the three bodies when one has only attained step two.
When one attains the elemental balance work of step four, actual
astral and mental wandering.

TMO IHVH introduces the tripolar action through the unified three
bodies. In addition to introducing a number of different levels of
consciousness and how to move between them. Which naturally starts to
produce a wider scope of vision. With the most recent lesson within
TMO IHVH I can definetly see how it works with essential meaning.

While I haven't worked with the CSM as much as I have with the
Archeaou and TMO IHVH, it seems fairly obvious that when one looks at
the tapestry that is the self, one has to be able to percieve
essential meaning. Otherwise, if one is not able to percieve
essential meaning, one would never be able to see the whole of the
self.

Now, Bardon also states that one shouldn't let other's know one's
rituals for a variety of reasons. Yet here on your website you have
quite a number of rituals. So, what's going on?

Love and Live well,
Peter Reist

Main Index | Thread Index