Re: Multiplicative gematria

Message 01250 of 3835

Dear Rawn and Daniel,

Given that my understanding of gematria is rather limited, my
contribution is just an extrapolation upon Rawn's statement "All of
the Names of G-d are "holy" so it's really not a matter of any
one being more so than another." Which I find to be quite true.

It is an old joke about how Kabbalahists out did the Christians by
splitting god into the ten aspects of the sepheroth, whereas the
Christians only managed to split god into three aspects. Yet at the
very same time all of these aspects are trying to express certian
qualities of the whole of god. By looking at only one name, one
quality, one is essentially working in an unbalanced manner since one
studies one aspect of god to the exclusion of all others. In much the
same way that Bardon warns about how certian yogi's learn how to
express only one pole of the divine.

A friend of mine once commented, "You know, for a monotheistic
religion, Judaism sure has a lot of names for god." A statement that
I did not realize the full implications of until some weeks later.
God is, in essence, infinite. Encompassing all qualities and all
quantites. No single term, nor no single name, can accurately express
the whole of divinity. Though it can express a certian select quality
of divinity.

Moreover, as with the work of the creation of Yetzirah, there are an
infinite number of these names that accuretly express a certian
select quality of diinity. Since one would need an infinite amount of
time to permute and understand all such names of divinity, one has to
work at a Briatic level of consciousness which is timeless and
spaceless. Which, in turn, makes me wonder the true need for studying
such divine names upon a mundane, and often intellectual, level of
consciousness?

Also, with regards to the 72 fold name, with a little bit of
fiddling, the Tetragramaton of IHVH can have the numerial value of 72.

I 10 = 10
IH 10+5 = 15
IHV 10+5+6 = 21
IHVH 10+5+6+5 = 26