RE: Digest Number 204

Message 01252 of 3835

> 5. Multiplicative gematria
> From: "Daniel Alter" <daniel_b_alter@...>

> What is surprising here (for me anyway) is that I have seen gematria
> used on an additive basis (e.g. the 613 commandments in the Torah
> reduce to 6+1+3=10!) but never on a multiplicative basis. This
> therefore (in a long-winded fashion) leads me to ask the group
> whether anyone has come across multiplicative gematria before?

G'day Dan,

Yes - I have, although I can't claim to be an expert. A few months ago
I came across what has turned out to be a very useful primer for new
mathematical ways to approach numerology. It doesn't discuss gematria
directly, but you might find it useful. To find out more, go here:

http://www.jufo.freeserve.co.uk/page8.html

I hope that's useful to you Dan,

Marcus.

Main Index | Thread Index